Price CAD: $19.95
Authors: Brenda Augusta and Karen Cross
Foreword by Sandra Herbst
This book is a practical guide to applying the big ideas of assessment to the teaching of physical education. Using stories, samples, and many practical ideas, the authors show us how to:
- Identify a clear learning destination for units of instruction
- Collect and consider evidence of learning
- Provide multiple descriptions of quality
- Give feedback that encourages, guides, and inspires learners
- Involve students in self- and peer assessment
Written with an audience of Kindergarten to Grade 8 physical educators in mind, this book is for physical education specialists, classroom teachers with responsibility for teaching physical education, and school and system-based leaders.
Making Physical Education Instruction and Assessment Work is the second in a series of books about looking at instruction through new eyes and, because teaching and learning are two sides of the same coin, refreshing student learning.
CLICK HERE to download a comprehensive lesson plan on how to use this book combined with the book, Grading, Reporting, and Professional Judgment in Elementary Classrooms in your next professional development session.