Books from Connect2Learning:
A Fresh Look at Grading and Reporting in High Schools
More titles from Connect2Learning:
Authors: Sandra Herbst, Anne Davies
Length: 112 pages
Reference: Herbst, S. and Davies, A. 2014. A Fresh Look at Grading and Reporting in High Schools. Courtenay, BC: Connections Publishing.
A Fresh Look at Grading and Reporting in High Schools describes, step-by-step, how you can effectively work towards a powerful, practical, and informed standards-based grading and reporting process. Respected authors, Sandra Herbst and Anne Davies, examine the essential components of evaluation that both model and mirror effective practice:
- Preparing for learning, teaching, and assessment
- Engaging students in assessment in support of their learning
- Reporting the learning to others
- is chock-full of examples from across subject areas and disciplines (e.g. , biology, mathematics, arts, history, social studies, world issues, IB, English, geography).
- includes responses to commonly asked questions, ‘ya buts,’ and ‘push backs’.
- highlights specific strategies to use as you plan, implement, and reflect.
This refreshing look at grading and reporting arises from DOING this important work with high schools and systems across North America.
For purchasing information, contact us at email@example.com
La collecte de preuves d’apprentissage et les portfolios : l’engagement des élèves dans le processus de documentation pédagogique